Thrust blocks on water line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwbfx4

Reaction score
Well I had my water line installed going to my house a couple weeks ago. Now I need to run another 350' to my shop with it. I will be using 2" gasketed PVC pipe, with a few spigots teed off of the line along the way. It appears I will need thrust blocks at the tees or change of direction. The trench will be dug with a trencher 20 inches deep. What should I use or how should I go about making thrust blocks. Can't find much information online for smaller piping, but I see the use of concrete as standard. How to protect the line from the concrete? Thanks for any help that you can give.

Ok, understood thanks.

I talked with a guy in town about this today, and he just made mention of putting concrete near the joints, bracing off of the undisturbed dirt. Seems like it wouldn't be a good idea of having concrete all around the PVC. He did not mention anything about a barrier In between the two. Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Back