tapping into cleanout stack?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmert

Reaction score
I have a 4 " cleanout stack just outside the foundation. Can I, or is it not advisable to tap in another sewage pipe into that stack. I am trying to plan an area for my RV and I can get to 20 feet from the stack. I would just pump into it, but there are spousal regulations here that prevent that.

If I use 1/4 inch slope from the proposed site, the tap, using a 4x4x3 sanitary T, would connect to the stack at just about 4 inches above the main lateral line from the house. I would then continue the stack up and have the cleanout at the surface. (Which it wasn't but I got real lucky and dug in the correct spot 1st thing. )

If this is unadvisable, then I will have to start over completly in pplanning, but I would rather find out now before I create the pad for the RV and have to move it.

Thanks

jd

I think your fine if I'm understanding you correctly. Draw a picture with az much detail as you can with what is attached where.

my artistic talents suck, but I hope it gives an idea. In the first picture you can see the coller for the y used to add the cleanout. the dirt covers the main lateral by about and inch in that picture. My predicted tap would glue so that it was almost touching that y which would make I estimate a 4-6 inch drop for waste from the rv site once it hits this stack.

You should be good. I do know there are sometimes local ordinances against this specifically.

She plumber is right. You need to make sure this fitting is directional pointing in the direction of flow. Screenshot_20210623-081725_Chrome.jpg

Back