Supposed header value and line problems

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenpax82

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I am not very familiar at all with tanks, so if I said something wrong forgive me...lol)

We had our septic tank pumped a few days ago. When they opened it up, it was flooded according to them (liquid above the pipe at the top). They then told me I needed a new header value (I think that's what its called). When they came back today and dug the line up, they said there was too much water, our lines were too deep, and the lines were bad and need replacing. A few thing to note; We've had a lot of rain recently and we have an 1700sq ft house with 5 bedrooms, 3 baths (1 of those is below grade with a sump pump) and our washer and dryer is below grade and have not had ANY issues inside. My husband is worried we're being ripped off.

Sorry I am not a septic system expert. Maybe you should get a second opinion from a local contractor

They are saying it is flooded and not draining yet you don't have any back up issues?

Either you have a good backwater valve or something fishy is going on. I would call out another company to take a look.

Latest posts

Back