Supply Line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdbesq

Reaction score
I am remodeling my bathroom and am building a new shower. Due to the design of the stall, I would like to install the hot/cold water faucet in one location and the shower head in another. Unfortunately there is not a straight route between the controller and the shower head.

If I use copper out of the controller to the shower head, I would need to make numerous turns. I am concerned that with the addition of more bends the water pressure will suffer. Is this the case?

I have considered using a flexible tubing to reduce the drastic copper bends but I am not sure which product is the best and most reliable for the long term. I recently used a "Shark Bite" to temporarily cap a copper line. It was incredibly easy and appears water tight. I just don't want to take any chances of leakage or failure because this line will be in an enclosed wall which is covered with tile and on he second floor of my house. Any suggestions?

I appreciate any guidance you may be able to provide.

Thanks!

Don't bury shark bite in the wall. I personally have not seen one fail but the general chatter I see here says they do fail.
You could run pex but the inside diameter is a bit smaller than copper.
You're not going to loose a lot of volume with a few extra feet and fittings.
But it may depend on how much pressure you're starting out with.

You could run 3/4" pipe to increase volume flow.

My concern about reduced water pressure is that it already seems low in my house. What is the standard pressure supposed to be? I have heard 60-65 psi. Where is that measurement taken? Where the supply line meets the house? Do I need to have someone come out to measure it or is there a way to do it myself?

Back