Supply line/faucet line size

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jm38212

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I haven't seen a solution to this question, and I don't really know of Google syntax to get an answer, so hopefully you folks can answer.

I installed a kitchen faucet recently, and the pressure from it has seemed low. The rest of the house is OK, so water pressure to the house doesn't seem to be the problem. The supply to the valves under the sink are 1/2" each, and the supply lines above the valves are 3/8".

The faucet connectors are 1/2" each, so there's a decrease and then increase in diameter, 1/2->3/8->1/2. Is this a problem? The faucet is new, so obviously low flow, so I didn't really think it would be an issue at the time. The supply lines run to a hose with a restrictive nozzle to the aerator. I've tried changing out the aerator with no effect. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Using 3/8" supply lines is industry standard, so no problem there.

I don't know exactly what type of faucet you have, but if it is a pullout type, there are other spots besides the aerator that can clog up with debris if you don't flush out the faucet before completing the installation.

Back