Street curb drain?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilelliot88

Reaction score
Good evening hope everyone is doing ok. I have a question, I see all the neighborhood homes in the city or majority of them have these presumably drains coming from their house, thru the curb. Is it a drain? What's it for? I also notice alot of them, including mine is cram pack with dirt. Should I bother cleaning that out?

Attachments

• received_786979966297762.jpeg
    received_786979966297762.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 2
  • received_1317051619241677.jpeg
    received_1317051619241677.jpeg
    560.3 KB · Views: 1
Probably storm water drain. You could clean it out if you want.
See, that's what I was thinking but the cause for concern is, the sidewalk segment over top that very area flood everything there's any decent amount of rain and that's why I dug that trench to rid the water. But if I could clean that out and have it help, I'd do it asap. Any suggestions for how to clean it out?

See, that's what I was thinking but the cause for concern is, the sidewalk segment over top that very area flood everything there's any decent amount of rain and that's why I dug that trench to rid the water. But if I could clean that out and have it help, I'd do it asap. Any suggestions for how to clean it out?

Probably a $25,000 trailer jetter.

Probably a $25,000 trailer jetter.
Now, blowing it in would that cause further troubles? Is there an end to that, or is it just water coming thru the soil draining out the pipe then backing up cause of the obstruction? I understand it's all opinion and you don't fully know or just guessing

These Are Cleaning Guesses:
Can you clean the debris with a garden hose & a high pressure nozzle? You'll be shooting backwards, but it should wash out frontwards. It might take some back and forth pushing-pulling to break it up.
Plan B: Snake it, again backwards, with a sink gun or even an electrician's fish tape. This should loosen up the debris nests for flushing. Sink guns can be rented, or inexpensive ones that attach to a hand drill are available to buy.

The Pipe Might Be:
On our block some people have these that are connected to their sump pumps. This gets the water away from the home's foundation. But in winter- Oh Boy the ice rinks they make in the street!

Paul

Attachments

• Nozzzle.png
    Nozzzle.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Sink Gun.png
    Sink Gun.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 0
Back