Stopping excessive pump Cycling

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twowaxhack

Currently in the Lab conducting research
Professional
Reaction score
I think I’d use a pressure reducing valve set to 75 psi , a large bladder tank, ball valve for a bypass (custom) and a pressure switch setting of 65/85 psi.

What says the peanut farm ?

I love high pressure, 5psi over the legal limit. Somebody call a cop ……🤣

Last edited:
I would have my bypass set to about 1.5-2gpm with a large tank. Otherwise the bypass would take to long too fill the bladder tank once the water stops being used. The pump would be running so you wouldn’t want the regular 1gpm bypass. I could always customize the flow.

Without the bypass the pump could burn up, gotta maintain hood flow to keep that pump cool that churning away.

Come on guys, join in the discussion. 🤣

I’m going to try out my idea when I get time, probably in the fall on a pump system at a friends house.

His pump is just sitting there after I connected him to city water.

At the very least I’m going to design him an irrigation system with zones that max out his pumps flow so there will be no cycling.

But before I do that I’m going to play around with some ideas.

Looking forward to playing with this. I might buy a couple designs already on the market and take them apart.

Twowaxhack, I was just wondering, what colleges did you attend for your Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate in fluid dynamics?

I could be really rude right now and you’d complain and I’d get a warning. 🤣🫢

Relax, go have a Budlight 🤣

Last edited:
Gee, my E-Mail notice said your response was Stanford University. LOL.

I received mine from the University of Missouri - Rolla, now known as Missouri Science and Technology.

And I don't drink Budlight since they advertised with a Trans person. But I guess you still do.

Gee, my E-Mail notice said your response was Stanford University. LOL.

I received mine from the University of Missouri - Rolla, now known as Missouri Science and Technology.

And I don't drink Budlight since they advertised with a Trans person. But I guess you still do.

🤣 you just don’t get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back