Sticky kitchen sprayer head

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yong321

Reaction score
Almost every time I turn on the main faucet (the left bulky one partially shown in the picture), I hear a click and the water flow is small. Then I press the lever on the sprayer head once, and the faucet water flows normally. I just disassembled the sprayer head. I'm guessing the white plastic "needle" pointed by the black arrow is the culprit. I can press it down with the lever but not bare hand. Maybe it's supposed to be more easily pressed down? If so, how do I make it less sticky? Soak it in vinegar?

I don't have the problem other people have, such as water only comes from the sprayer. My case is that water does come from the faucet except the flow is small until I press the sprayer lever once. Also, with the sprayer head off as shown, water comes from the nozzel pointed by red freely.

If I must replace the sprayer head, can anyone help me identify the brand? I don't see it marked anywhere. Thanks a lot.

SprayerHead.jpg

Could you explain why you think it's the diverter? Thank you.

At rest the diverter is designed to have full water flow coming out of the faucet spout, when you turn on the hand sprayer it senses the drop in pressure and shifts the water to the sprayer only. By pressing the button on the hand held you are freeing the diverter to go back to normal. Only change the hand sprayer if it is dripping while you are using the main faucet.

Latest posts

Back