Step on Tub Repair

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike81

Reaction score
We recently moved into our house and I've been working on remodeling the master bath. There has been a crack in the step for the roman tub. I took a closer look at it today and when I step on it I can tell that it is going to break eventually. I have a couple of ideas on how to fix it, but I'm looking for some professional advice. As long as the fix can hold up when being stepped on and look pretty good, then I'll be happy.

My thinking could be way off base, but I'm thinking that the repair will involve fiberglass or some type of epoxy. Maybe go ahead and break or cut out the piece. And fill in the hole.

Is there supposed to be some type of support under this step? Maybe if there is then that could be what basically serves as a support for the repair. If there is nothing there, then I could build some type of support that would go down into the hole and attach to the sub floor. I would then fill in the hole with the fiberglass or whatever needs to be used. Again, I could be way off base with my thinking.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for you time.

2012-12-03_01-50-06_973.jpg

2012-12-03_01-50-58_744.jpg

Stand back and take a picture of the tub

Mike , I do not think there is support in the center underneath

Latest posts

Back