Softener Brine Tank: water going IN during Brine Draw step ?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Freddy

Reaction score
hello all ....I have a 5 year old whole house Clean Water Systems filtration system, installed new when we built 5 years ago ....I have been noticing far too much water in my brine tank as of late, was told to check venturi for being clogged or needing to be cleaned out: it was spotlessly clean, as was the injector .....after doing the venturi checking & put back together, I marked inside of brine tank with line and then began full regeneration cycle, on the Brine Draw step, I clearly saw water level in brine tank going UP, not DOWN .....also to note: on Brine Refill, that works perfect, water going into brine tank during that step is a-ok .....so now that venturi & injector check wide open & clean, I need to figure out why during Brine Draw water goes INTO the brine tank not OUT of the brine tank ......all help, assist & education appreciated (it's a Clean Water Systems 5900 softener control head)

Back