slow and backed up drains

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_rad2003

Reaction score
I have an issue that I can't seem to figure out. It started when I ran the washer and it backed up into the bathroom tub. It drained off fairly quickly. I had a plumber come out and snake the line. After that everything worked just fine for a few months. Then it happened again. This time they came out and snaked all the lines in the house including the mainline out to the street as well as checked and cleared the vent lines.

A week went by and the problem is back only now when you take a shower the tub backs up. You can hear it gurgle in the drain for the washer. Running water in the kitchen sink and bathroom sink makes it gurgle as well. Of course running the washer will back water up to the tub and takes forever to drain now. The master bathroom is unaffected by any issues. Both toilets have zero issues as well.

At a loss on what to do now.

Have a plumber come back out and scope your main line with a camera and get to the bottom of your problem.

Back