Sloan valve constant running

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtraMilePlumbing

Reaction score
Hi guys two part question here. so I ran into a remodel going on where all new Sloan valves and toilets were replaced on men's and women's back to back restroom . Two Sloan valves leak from the diaphram cap which I fixed by lowering the pressure on the angle stop and a toilet keeps constantantly running,on that one The Meintensnce guy tells me he replaced the whole valve and try's 5 different diaphrams I tryed two new ones from my van and the darn think still keeps on running .. I checked the pressure in a mop sink wich read 70 psi .. You guys have any ideas what's going on here?im going back tommorow

When you remove the top cap is there any moisture on top of the hard plastic inner cap? Should be dry

Replace the hard plastic inner cap.
you say the valves are brand new? Replace the valve.
Could be something defective in the casting.
After 2 new diaphragms, I would say the damn thing is defective.

Lowering the volume flow at the stop valve should only effect the volume of water during the flush. If they leak from the cap then the cap is loos or the inner cap is cracked. That inner cap is what compresses against the outer edge of the diaphragm to seal it from leaking.

Because of issues we've had in the past with cracked inner caps we now replace them every time we replace a diaphragm. We also replace the vacuum breaker cup and o-ring on the supply nipple as well

Thanks but the problem here was a short tempered Meintenenec man that over threated everything braking the interior caps

Latest posts

Back