Sloan EAF-250 Sensor activated faucet battery supply issues

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGreen

Reaction score
Hello Everyone
I have the following Faucets in my business (commercial Gym )

Sloan Optima EAF-250-ISM Sensor Activated Touch-Free Faucet, Commercial Grade with Mounting Hardware, Integrated Side Mixer - 0.5 GPM Battery-Powered Deck-Mounted Mid Body, Polished Chrome, 3335061​

https://www.amazon.com/Sloan-EAF-250-ISM-CP-Bathroom-Automatic-Integral/dp/B002MG0RK8?th=1
It works great except the batteries run out and there isn't an easily available supply of batteries that has not been sitting on the shelf for a long time.
they are pretty pricey at $50 a piece and they are either DOA or they last very little.

In general it's very painful with keeping up with the batteries as the faucets are in a high traffic area.

Is there an alternative faucet/brand that is more reliable?
there is a hardwired model for about 700 that would solve this problem. But would like to make sure it is worth the investment and doesn't have other issues. as I would like to fix the problem once and for all.

here is a link to the batteries
https://www.airdelights.com/3335018.html

EAF-1003 Battery Replacement Kit​

open to other solutions, we do like the touch free feature, was hoping someone has inside info on what brand/model is most reliable.
Thanks!

Sloan makes good flushometers but we tried the battery style auto flushometers,and they are shipped with the batteries already in them, some already leaking, so we remove them, we use Chicago auto faucets can't beat them, we installed 6 in our daycare at work, thers an option for a15 year battery, we have them
All over our campus

Perusing the web in the So Cal area, I've seen those batteries as low as $39, but I have to admit, they still seem way to expensive. How about storing extras in a refrigerator to last longer?
To me, they look like the #123 battery, taped together. I know the #123 batteries that I use for my alarm sensors, I get them for $2 a piece. Be creative!

Back