Sink sprayer has a very weak stream

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgrubba

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I manage a new restaurant here in Birmingham that has only been open for about six months but I'm already having a great deal of trouble with our 3 compartment sink. Initially I noticed that the spray nozzle attached to the sink has a very weak stream when you squeeze the handle all the way. If you BARELY apply pressure to it (very hard to do) the stream is a little stronger but nothing like it's supposed to be. The water pressure is fine because the water comes out of the sink faucet like an eruption. Also just about two weeks ago the attachment from the faucet to the sprayer has started leaking and has started pushing the sealing tape out of the connection so the leak just keeps getting worse (I'll be fixing this later today but I don't expect it will fix the spray nozzle).

Anyone know what I can do to get the stream on the sprayer to be stronger? My employees are having a really hard time doing the dishes. :)

It is possible that the screen inside is clogged with something. Probably calcium but if it is new construction it could be almost anything. The clog would slow the water flow, and the back pressure could blow the seals around the thread causing a leak.

Unscrew the sprayer and clean it out.

I took the sprayer off and it was clean inside. I turned the water on without the sprayer attached and I think that is where the problem is, there isn't that much pressure coming out. Perhaps after I fix the leak it will improve.

If it is a standard style sprayer you should be able to get a replacement at your local bigbox for under twenty bucks.

Back