Sink Replacement Error needing peice of mind

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostin

Reaction score
I decided to replace my bathroom sink and vanity and removed them in the wrong order causing me much worry. First I decided to rip up the flooring and remove and loosen all cabinet bolts. A few days later I came back to remove the counter top, sink and black splash not realizing and or forgetting that I never removed the water connections from the sink but for some reason decided to remove the bolts connecting the sink to the counter top. So once the counter top popped up my white steel/ceramic heavy sink was sitting there by it's lonesome self being supported by all the water line connections and I quickly removed them but fear I could have damaged the piping below the floor with all that weight resting on the hot/cold copper piping? Am I going crazy or was 99% of the weight just being held up by the plastic sink drain that I am replacing? I know this may be hilarious but I am really concerned about leaks ever since my main shut off valve started dripping when I shut off the water for the first time moving in to an older house.

Back