Sink Drain Vary high...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neo_Ocelot

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a new install I'm working on here in San Antonio, TX and the drain for the sink is vary high off the ground.

I've been in the wall and the tee for the drain is on the concrete slab (cant go any lower) but is high because this new "Kitchen" is off the slab and stepped down 18".

the top of the drain sits at 29", to make the project more challenging the sink is a custom three bay 8" deep sink. Ive been measuring and playing with PVC fittings fro the last two days and now have one really important question.

Can i do this?
Sink.jpg

Basically can I have the water line above the horizontal pipes connecting the sinks, and if not what would be the downside?

I know its not ideal, as it sits if I where to build the cabinets they would be 44" tall!:eek:, with this i can get them down to 38"

Any help is much appreciated!:)

Last edited:
Let me rephrase my original question, If you walked into this
Drain.jpg

A 29" drain and you need to build counter tops and cabinets what would you do?

:eek: Make the cabinets taller and Raise the floor 6".

Is this close to what you are describing?

Or open the slab and drop the santee.

001.jpg

yes that's close but the sink will be parallel to the wall with the drain like a standard kitchen
like this\/
sink_drain_no_disposer.jpg

low side of the room is 7' 5" if i raised the floor it would feel low, not mention the many outlets doors and windows that would have to move.

residential no other drains within 5ft there is a washing machine a ways down (20ft) but same issue there.
Dose the pipe it go straight down into the slab? would hate to bust the slab and find a fitting or bend.

my original cabinet plan was to make them 44" tall then have retractable steps under each station, But when i rough fitted them together I started second guessing having the step as it could be an easy way to get hurt.:eek:
S%26S%20Counter%201.png

what would be the negative with having a high trap?
like this\/
Drain%20help.jpg

Last edited:
You have to lower the drain. If that sits full of water your trap will get plugged constantly and the horizontal piping too. Has to have grade the whole way

Reactions: SHR
Thank you for your help guys.

whats the best way to chip the cement? hammer and chisel, numatic?

Yeah that's good for chippin' around the pipe.
If you really need to take out some thick and hard concrete,
you rent one of these puppies.

air hammer.png

Latest posts

Back