Simplifying Water Supply and Filter lines

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyrcoughlin

Reaction score
Hey, so I wanted to simplify the water supply lines to my house because it appears that they are put together in a, I think, random fashion. However, this is the second house I've lived in that had the water supply and filter lines like this which got me thinking that perhaps there is a reason that plumbers do this. I live in Western North Carolina and maybe they are trying to keep most of the pipes off of the cinder block to prevent freezing? There is very little support for the pipes and when I put torque on the filter housing I get a little bit of leakage from the joints.

Here are a few pictures (looks like they came out sideways, sorry):

11v7ghx.jpg

16apa4n.jpg

This setup is in the garage in the front corner of it. Excuse the wood, that is a work bench I'm in the process of building. The pipe going up is the feed to the house. The green hose in the picture is just to drain the sediment out of that filter to the outside. The pipe under the filter housing is for the spigot on the outside of the house. The PVC pipe in the corner behind the bucket is the feed from the well outside (not doing anything with this one because it is against the wall already.)

To be more clear, are there any reasons thst the plumber had to design it like this? I'd like to route the pipes to follow the wall and secure them to the wall to make it what I think would be a more solid and secure design.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back