Side spray kitchen sink problem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idoccurt

Reaction score
I have a question about side sprayer on my kitchen sink. It is a Moen. Until recently it seems to have worked fine. Now, the only way to get it to work is to push sprayer lever and turn water to medium. If i let up, the lever wont allow me to push it and I have to start over. It seems almost like there is too much pressure. It works fine if I hold lever while turning water on, but when I let up, there seems to be too much resistence. I used to be able to have sink fully on and press lever and worked fine. Not now. Any ideas?

The diverter in the spout needs to be replaced. If it were in my house, I would just replace the faucet with a Delta.

I too have a Delta preference, but call Moen at 1-800-BUYMOEN and they should send you the replacement diverter for free. Be prepared to answer questions about your faucet as there are multiple diverters for Moen faucets and they will want to send you the correct one. If you are happy with the faucet appearance and performance when it is working properly, I would just repair it. You can think about replacement on your own timeline then.

Latest posts

Back