Shower with 4 zones DIY plumbing help needed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertdweller

Reaction score
What I thought was going to be an easy job now has me completely befuddled. I have a walk-in that I've purchased fixtures for- by fixtures I mean shower heads - I've yet to work out the trims and the valves behind those trims. Here is the layout:
  1. Ceiling Rainfall shower (Toto Legato)
  2. Handheld shower wand (Toto Legato)
  3. 4-Bodyjets (Toto Gyrostream)
  4. Wall mounted shower (Toto Kiwame)

In plumbing these - there are a few things I really don't care about- First; I will never need to have different temperature streams from different heads.

Second; ON/OFF for all fixtures or single volume control inline for whichever fixture is chosen by the diverter is fine with me- I will never have a need for half volume spray out of the wall shower head, but full volume spray out of the rainfall.

Third; I also wouldn't care whether I could run two or more simultaneously.

That being said, I can't seem to find a 4-outlet diverter (except this one)

I've never heard of the brand, so I'm not convinced that is what I should try. Any and ALL suggestions would be appreciated- The less complex the better- a sales rep at build.com suggested I do 4 single function volume controls with 1 thermostatic mixer- that's a lot (visually) of chrome and a lot of money for Toto trims and backing valves.

Has anyone done a 4-zone?? I suspect so considering if I had the body sprays, handheld & a wall shower head inside a tub with a filler spout - that would be 4-zones. Thanks

I have done 4 and more zones, but have used multiple diverters, or volume controls for each function. Never have installed a 4 zone diverter.

You say that you don't plan to use more than one zone at a time? It seems to me that it would get rather tiresome turning the overhead on, than reaching over to switch to the body sprays, etc. Personally, I would want the option of running at least 2 functions at once.

Thanks for the replies- I found this controller: TOTO Legato TS624D2#CP: Dual function/Thermostatic/Volume control w/Off
toto-ts624d2-cp.jpg;width=300;height=300;bgcolor=White

If I had two of these:
1) One to control temp/volume on hand-held & wall-mounted shower
2) Second to control temp/volume on rainfall & body sprays

Would that be all I need? Volume, Temperature & Off - for all 4 zones??

I have never installed one of those before. But from checking the Toto site, it looks like you will need the TS2D rough valve as well as the trim you are looking at. It appears to me that two of each will do what you want.

Other then looks and the ability to show your friends how fancy you are, I'll never understand why anyone would want such a complex set up to scrub genitals.

Back