Shower venting help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason is a sanitary tee is basically a straight tee when it’s on it’s back. Waste can go both ways and so can your drain cleaning cable.

If used properly with other good piping practices implemented with the tee on its back serving as a vent, I don’t have a problem with it.

Thanks, I believe I should be fine with p-trap, straight pipe to long bend 90 then through joist. Hoping I can get slope to 1/4 inch or close to it. The issue was it was to much slope (1/2) . Also, did you see the question about tieing into end of main waste line? Thanks again for all your help!!

So where/how are you going to vent the shower?

I'm not sure what you are asking about the shower tie-in to the 3". You can tie into the 3" waste line at the end if that answers your question.

But with all the changes made, an overall sketch of your final layout with fixtures labeled and vent locations would help make sure everything is good.

So where/how are you going to vent the shower?

I'm not sure what you are asking about the shower tie-in to the 3". You can tie into the 3" waste line at the end if that answers your question.

But with all the changes made, an overall sketch of your final layout with fixtures labeled and vent locations would help make sure everything is good.
I was just wondering what fitting to use at the end of waste line as thats were I am tieing shower into it. Would be easiest to reduce the 3inch down to 2 then 90 up and 90 or to shower drain? Shower will be vented in wall via a wye+45 just like the tub. Will attach picture below. Will work up a sketch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231122_180722_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231122_180722_Gallery.jpg
    987.4 KB · Views: 0
Again, 45s are better than 90s.

So, yes reduce the 3" to 2" at the end of your branch. Then starting from that reducer, I would suggest using a 45 rolled at a 45-degree angle towards the right in your picture and then 45 to run parallel to the joists. Then you can 90 over to your vent line and then 90 over to your shower P-trap like you show. It would be wise to add an easily accessible cleanout in that vent line in case of plumbing problems as well. That is ALWAYS a good idea for lines with several directional changes.

Back