Shower Valve assistance

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenny

Reaction score
8769AEB6-0B87-4746-B122-3D4FA406B6D8.jpeg 8AD2EBD8-B52A-4E64-A9A6-C4FBD7B3B8F9.jpeg 8CA9E2E9-C50F-49CC-8922-74D7B880439A.jpeg I have a dripping shower. I don’t know if it’s the hot or cold as they are separate taps.
Attached are some photos with it in pieces. With this style there doesn’t appear the be a washer that can be replaced. So would I need to replace the whole spindle and tap? Most taps have a thread on the end when the actual tap goes but this ones has the gear looking end. I haven’t been able to find this in the hardware stores. Any help most appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Please take a pic a bit farther away. I assume you are trying to fix the diverter on a 3 handle shower control.

View attachment 17250 View attachment 17251 View attachment 17252 I have a dripping shower. I don’t know if it’s the hot or cold as they are separate taps.
Attached are some photos with it in pieces. With this style there doesn’t appear the be a washer that can be replaced. So would I need to replace the whole spindle and tap? Most taps have a thread on the end when the actual tap goes but this ones has the gear looking end. I haven’t been able to find this in the hardware stores. Any help most appreciated. Thanks
there is some writing on the threaded piece with the grease on it......if you cant find anything bring that to a plumbing supply house....not hd or lowes is there any writing on the handle?????

92B52141-6291-48D7-8139-D62548C33177.jpeg Attached is a photo of the tap.
There is no writing on it.
There is no diverted, this is just the cold water tap that I have taken off the wall.
I took it off the wall months ago and put it all back together. It wasn’t leaking get for a while after that, but it has started again now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back