Shower hose to portable washer connector

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PawelWojcik

Reaction score
shower_to_washer.MP.jpgI have a portable washer that I want to connect to my shower hose. I have tried to find the best connection but I have a skill issue and it does not work great. The picture shows the two ends that I would like to connect.

I have tried to measure the diameter of the ends and this is what I get so far.

The one on the right (the portable washer side):
The male one appears to be 15/16" in diameter while the female's one is close to 13/16".

The one on the left is the shower connector. The inner diameter of this end is close to 13/16" (this one has threading only on the female side).

I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to figure out the names of these ends. I would also welcome any comments on this problem.

Thanks
Pawel

I think that this is the problem. It seems like no one has ever planned for these two to make a connection, until I came around.

I have a portable washing machine and the only way for me to supply water to it is by using this shower hose.

If you were able to help me figure out what are the names of these ends or how to connect them I would be very grateful.

Thanks

The connection on the right is meant to thread into the aerator on the faucet,the plastic part near your hand is a quick connect,when your done using the washer that plastic piece pulls or pushes to release the hose from the aerator, your hot/cold handles control your water pressure/temp,it also acts as a drain, i had one a long time ago

Thanks Geodf!
This is exactly correct, and I am looking forward to start using this quick connect this way.

But. The problem is that my sinks are odd...

One option is the one I have in my kitchen -- that's the one that you can pull out a hose from, and it looks to me like I cannot really take the aerator out there.

The other option is the one in my bath tub, but that one is just a large odd stuff that I don't know how to connect to.

The third option is my bathroom faucet. This one was very promising, but unfortunately the faucet has some sort of a collar around the outlet which makes it impossible to access it with any adapter because the treading is sort of hidden behind the "collar".

So my last option is the shower head. The shower head has the connection shown on the left in the picture from the opening post. I would like to know what adapter I should search for to match the quick connect on the right.

Thank

Attachments

• PXL_20230430_233854441.jpg
    PXL_20230430_233854441.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20230430_233832546.jpg
    PXL_20230430_233832546.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20230430_233737041.jpg
    PXL_20230430_233737041.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
You only have one option, the kitchen faucet, yes that aerator is flush with the spray nozzle there should be a "key" that fits the slots on the existing aerator unless you can find a name on the faucet, you can bring the aerator to hd or Lowe's they have a plywood board with the different aerator thread sizes

The hose to the portable washer might be garden hose threads, that's what clothes washers are. Or is this a dish washer? Anyhow, if you take the shower head off, the pipe should be 1/2 npt, and adapters are readily available to connect a garden hose to 1/2 npt.

Thank you! The reference to the npt standard is very helpful. I have found a connector and I will report back once it gets delivered.

I am going for a connector that I can install on my shower hose that will have the quick release tip which I can then flip in between my portable laundry washer and the shower head.

Back