shower has low water pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpg4603

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post here. Im in need of some brain storming.
My shower set up has a hot water handle, a cold water handle with a diverter to send water to come out the shower head.
The problem is i have very low water pressure coming out of the spout and shower head. i would say about 50% from normal.
What i have done so far is took of the shower head and checked for debris none. turned the water on with out the head on to see if their was a clog, didn't help. I took the hot/cold valve steams out and to see if i could see and blockage, i didn't. i took the spout off and ran the water to try and clear the pipes thinking their was a block their. Their wasn't.

It seams that the problem is in the hot water and cold water pipes but i have not idea.

Thanks for all the help, :confused:[/SIZE]

Pull cartridge flush line and posable replace with new cartridge first shut off water take handle and trim plate off pull retainer pin then pull cartridge if stubborn be careful you don't want to break off inside valve work it loose and pull if a 2 handle there is a rubber seal at end with a screw in it that might have come off and has blocked off the water way carefully pull out both screw and washer screw back on cartridge and replace back into valve body both require shutting off water and if you have old galvanized water pipes this will cause debris to break loose and cause the same problem flush system through hose bibs or laundry sink

Back