Shower faucet valve help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOV

Reaction score
We recently painted our old tub and tiles and I'm onto replacing the old shower fixtures. My issue is that I can't seem to find a fixture set that fits my transfer valve. Is this valve out of date? Would I have to take out the old one and install a new one?
Hoping there is an easy way to handle this instead of switching to a new valve. I've attached pics.
Any help is appreciated.shower 1.jpg
shower 1.jpgshower2.jpgshower3.jpgshower4.jpg

If you’re trying to find the trim, I can’t help you.

You might could cross reference the cartridge to the brands it fits, which will be multiple and find someone offering trim for it.

Otherwise you would need to replace the valve in the wall and buy matching trim for it.

Trim is all the parts you see outside the wall.

If you’re trying to find the trim, I can’t help you.

You might could cross reference the cartridge to the brands it fits, which will be multiple and find someone offering trim for it.

Otherwise you would need to replace the valve in the wall and buy matching trim for it.

Trim is all the parts you see outside the wall.
Thanks for the help.

Now to find trim that fits that cartridge. tougher job than I thought.

Thanks for the help.

Now to find trim that fits that cartridge. tougher job than I thought.

That’s just it, there may be trim that fits the cartridge but not your rough valve in the wall.

It appears to be an import. IMO it’s a throw away. It might be a box store brand…..

Good luck ✌️

Latest posts

Back