Shower Drain clogged

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crad

Reaction score
So the drain to my shower has been draining rather slowly since I moved in. I'm assuming that it was mainly hair that is slowing it down so I got a snake wire to try to fish the clump out of there. However there is a cap on the drain that seems to be glued down so it can't be removed without damaging the tub... getting a snake down there isn't an option.

I tried to put some Epsom salts in there to try to break things up but it only clogged it up more. I read that boiling water will dissolve epsom salts but it barely drains at this point and I'm not sure if putting hot water would help considering how slow it drains now.

Any suggestions to get the Epsom salt and hair out of the drain?

So the drain to my shower has been draining rather slowly since I moved in. I'm assuming that it was mainly hair that is slowing it down so I got a snake wire to try to fish the clump out of there. However there is a cap on the drain that seems to be glued down so it can't be removed without damaging the tub... getting a snake down there isn't an option.

I tried to put some Epsom salts in there to try to break things up but it only clogged it up more. I read that boiling water will dissolve epsom salts but it barely drains at this point and I'm not sure if putting hot water would help considering how slow it drains now.

Any suggestions to get the Epsom salt and hair out of the drain?

Sounds like you have a new house and the test cap for the drain line was left in and not noticed at time of water start you can call the company that built the house if it is a new house or use flat screw driver and pick it out

Back