shop hot water tank not working

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

facial

Reaction score
Hi all.....I have a 6.5 gallon hot water tank that I installed in my shop bathroom. The tank is only a few months old and used for the hot water side of the sink faucet only. My house is on a well. I use the faucet once every couple of weeks and when I do the hot side spits air for 10 seconds or so and the water is a light shade of brown. Tonight I turned the water on and it never even got hot. The cold side is not brownish but it does spit some air for a few seconds and then is good. I cycled the power to the tank and turned the pressure valve on a few times....didn't seem to help any.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this???? Thanks for any and all help:)

Grab a multi meter, confirm power is making it thru the thermostat to the element. If so, do a continuity test on the element. If no continuity, remove and replace element.

I wonder why the element would have already gone out? Also can't seem to figure out why there seems to be air in the hot water line.....

If the water drained out of the unit, and the elements were turned on, that would fry them.

And air should be purged as you are filling the water heater.

Latest posts

Back