Sewer smell in Bathroom

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amtrolman59

Reaction score
Put a new Bathroom Cabinet and sink in my Bathroom, But now I get sewer gas smell coming from the Bathroom, Any suggestions, Thanks.

More detail is required.
Typically the smell would be coming back through a fixture trap that has lost it seal water for some reason or from the seal below the toilet.
So if you never had the smell before you replaced the bathroom sink, it would sound like the likely cause. Include a picture of you drain piping below the sink.
Is the smell constant or intermittent?

I replaced the faucets and the trap below the faucets, I didn't have the smell before and it is constant, I'm not saying it is the toilet but I didn't touch that at all.

Attachments

• IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    966.4 KB · Views: 56
I replaced the faucets and the trap below the faucets, I didn't have the smell before and it is constant, I'm not saying it is the toilet but I didn't touch that at all.
Is that what you did?

No sink connections to the drainage system should be made with a rubber sleeve and hose clamps. Unless it is a shielded band. What is that stuff on the vent going into the wall, that could be your smell

Is that what you did?
I did some but with my bad back I had to get my 2 brothers help, After bending down to take a picture I saw what they did and didn't realize what they did, Duct Tape seriously, what were they thinking.

No sink connections to the drainage system should be made with a rubber sleeve and hose clamps. Unless it is a shielded band. What is that stuff on the vent going into the wall, that could be your smell
I will replace that rubber sleeve, Didn't realize that would make a difference, And yes that does look like Duct Tape.

That rubber sleeve doesn't meet code but probably as tight as some of the stuff that does.
The duct tape is another story, however. It may be a bit of a challenge to install but this may work in place of the duct tape.

Attachments

• Z-L8wwfo5oy.JPG
    Z-L8wwfo5oy.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back