Sewer line damaged by gas company?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRH

Reaction score
About 2 months ago the gas company dug a hole in my front yard, about 10' from my sewer line. A couple weeks later I noticed a depression in the lawn between the gas and the sewer lines, closer to the sewer. Because my lawn is pretty uneven to begin with at first I thought it was just a bit of subsidence from the impact of the gas line digging. But now it seems to have gotten deeper, and now that the grass is all brown, the grass in the bottom of the depression is still green. I'm think the gas company may have damaged the sewer line. I do have sewer line coverage through my homeowners policy. What is my first step, given that if repair is needed I want it paid for by either the gas company or my insurance? Call the gas co.? Call my insurance agent? Call a plumber and get a video inspection? Thanks.

Once you can show that the damage was by the gas company, if you have trouble fighting the gas company, make a claim with the home insurance. They will fight.

Latest posts

Back