Sewage smell / Drainage issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timlbo

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a two story 13yr old house, two baths (one on main level and other on second level), city water. The issue is with the upstairs bathroom that has a sink, toilet and tub-shower. The issues are as follows:

1-the toilet is very slow to flush and when doing so fills very high and does not flush toilet paper very well (we have stopped using it).

2-shower does not drain very well (once I use draining, it works well for approx 4-5 days)

3-sink smells like sewage when i run the water ( I have cleaners the s-trap many times)

I am at the end of my rope, it seems like they are all tied together!!! Please help, i would hire a plumber, but last time I got ripped off by a 200 charge to try and make the toilet work, he used the snake and took the toilet off and left saying he didn't know how to help!!!!

I would say blockage in the stack downstream of your toilet in the stack. When he pulled the toilet did he auger down the toilet drain? Also I'd probably camera it too for what it's worth. I hope your sink doesn't have an s trap or your in trouble. Unless you meant p trap. There's a chance it's the roof vent too but chances are its a blockage in the drain and the sink trap is being siphoned. Maybe call another plumber because drain cleaning is something best left to a pro. Avoid any rooter companies lol.

When using the fixtures in the upstairs bath do you get a gurgle sound in that bath, if not, you may have separate issues. The toilet could have something lodge in the trap or the jet holes could be block. The shower trap may have hard water and hair build-up. If the lavatory sink has a overflow hole/tray, the bad smell could be coming from there.

Do any of the fixtures backup into another fixture?

Example: you run the lavatory faucet full blast and flush the toilet several times and water starts bubbling out of the tub drain even though you have not used the tub/shower in that bathroom?

www.winterhavenplumber.com

Latest posts

Back