Sewage question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlb5347

Reaction score
I am not having any problems with any of the drains in my home draining slowly, grumbling, or backing up with sewage. My home does not smell, or seem to have any leaks in the pipes in the basement (that I can tell). But there is sewage outside under the deck and around a trap door to the basement. When someone flushed the toilet while I was standing by the issue water seemed to run out into the area... so is it a block? And it just flowing out under the deck or is a pipe broken? The home was built in 1900 and I am not sure if the sewage has ever been updated. Its a rental unit with 2 apartments. There is clearly raw sewage outside... the landlord is aware but how long before it becomes an environmental hazard? AKA if no one fixes it within a certain time isn't that a violation too? My dogs go out on the deck and in the yard. There is clearly water, feces and toilet paper leaking out at this point... any thoughts?

Probably a broken pipe or cleanout. Definitely needs attention. What is the landlord saying about it? As a landlord myself I would jump on it immediately before things get worse.

Well, they said they would fix it. But I'm not holding my breath. My ceiling collapsed in my dining room twice because they only will fix the hole not the obvious leaking roof. There's a water stain there again... I'm not trying to be a horrible tenant but I'm losing my sanity.

The house does not have its own tank. I am on city sewage. The "maintenance" men for the property manager came and looked at it... Its been 7 days no fix now. Just yelling there is a random hole in the ground? You can see the water following out when the toilet is flushed now. I don't have an update on when its going to be fixed yet.

Back