Servicing Water Tank with 1" Pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimp

Reaction score
In a serious brain-fart move, I purchased 1" pipe to attach to my 3/4 PVC piping that feeds a 500 gallon water tank from a submersible 1/2hp jet pump. Obviously there's no pressure working against the submersible except a filter I placed inline (with reducers since the threads on the filter are 3/4) just before the water tank. From the tank to the other pump, pressure tank, etc. it's the proper 3/4" and 1/2" pvc/cpvc piping. My concern- are there any problems with using such a large pipe to feed the water tank? It's 3/4" pvc 3/4 of the way and only 1" the last 20' or so, runs up a wall about 5' and then spills into the water tank.

Would a check valve serve any purpose placed after the filter (which is located just before a 5' run up a wall and then through and then just a few more feet into the tank)?

I cant see any problems myself. The check valve would stop any water from siphoning back out of the tank, if the water line extends down in the storage tank. Other than that, you should be fine.

The pipe in the tank ends at the top entrance, so I guess a check valve would serve little purpose other than pressurizing the main line back to the submersible, which doesn't seem necessary. Many thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Back