Septic Drain field Uphill?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttraversnj

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking into buying a piece of property in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Georgia. The property is mostly on the side of a hill, but there's a large flat area that was made for a building site...maybe maybe 200 ft long by 75 to 100 wide.. Anyway, the soil test for the drain field had already been done 2 years ago before the original owner sold the property. If I read it right, the soil test was good at least 3 out of 4 of the holes. But, I noticed all of the testing was done up a fairly steep hill above where the house would be. I've had a few septic systems before. I've never had one where the effluent was pumped uphill. Also, it seemed that there was plenty of room not far from the house on the leveled out area, for a drain field I'm wondering why the soil test guy didn't test in there? Maybe it'll work, I know it's not uncommon in mountain areas but It's a little different from what I'm used to. We love the property but if there's too much of a headache, I'll back out. Any insights into this? Thanks, Tom

Latest posts

Back