Septic diverter valve filled with sewer water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llv2014

Reaction score
Long story...

Monday: downstairs toilet backed up. Plunging did not help. Left toilet along until auger could be purchased. No other issues with other drains.

Wednesday: purchased auger from Home Depot. Got the toilet to flush 3 times but a lot of bubbling and water level would not raise to normal level. Washing machine running, dishwasher running, shower running - toilet backed up downstairs. Called plumber - augered from clean out line - everything seems OK. Plumber mentioned he wants to run video camera since clean out line still has standing water.

Today: Went to change diverter valve to other drain field - diverter valve 1/2 full of sewer water. Could this be why there is standing water in my clean out line?

I'm really worried this is going to cost a lot of money. I'm waiting on plumber to do the video inspection - this is no charge since i already paid out the wazoo for the main line clean out the other day.

Can someone help me calm down? :D

It could be. If your drain field is saturated, but that is why you have a diverter valve. Divert to the other field and allow for saturation. Alternating drainage fields allows one to rest while the other takes the waste and vice versa. When was the last time you had your septic tank pumped?

Back