Sepco Temp-Rite issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found this posting for a SEPCO Si TEMP-RITE which is what I am dealing with - the handle flops to the right and cooks my wife at times.
No cutoff valve for the bathroom and the valve coming in the finished basedment is extremely difficult to get to and probably never used in 20 plus years. I have the face plate off(brass 8 inches or so) but the chrome cover on the mixing valve is stuck. I assume it screws off ? I am bit reluctant to take the next step and try to get the valve out for measurements and pictures because local supply houses never heard of this brand. There is a casting number on the I can somewhat read with an inspection mirror.
Looks like casting part number 2ACM??X2 - maybe. Also has Circled AC MFG type casting marking as well.
Question 1 - does the chrome cover screw off or pull off? Special tool or big @ss vice grips?
Question 2 - anyone suggest the correct replacement valve? Stem dia is about .5 and it protrudes about .6 inches. Single handle splined install.
Question 3 - if I manage to get the cartridge out is it potentially a simple O rings fix?

The valve body has what appears to be an square adjustment on the bottom side of the valve.
I found another posting that suggested SEPCO used a common valve body but the picture did not look quite the same.

I can post pics but didn't think they would add value unless I get the chrome stem cover removed.

Thanks in advance !

You posted your question on a 6 year old post. I moved it to its own thread. Next, post a picture for more exposure.

So I got brave and was able to get the chrome bonnet/cover to unscrew and have updated pics of the my valve. Anyone recognize the Model Num and MFG and for a replacement cartridge? How much risk if I try to remove and take pics of the internal valve? Looks like I need to make a tool to hold the valve from twisting when I put a BMF wrench on it to remove.

Not familiar with this faucet but it looks like you need to take out a coupe screws and the bonnet will pull out.

Back