Salvaged brass faucet - how to hook up?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mreesele

Reaction score
Hi there - found this great brass faucet at a local salvage yard. I've been looking for one just like it and the price was too good to pass up. Of course the problem is that it did not come with handles or anything of the sort - just the faucet unit itself.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what would be involved in getting this faucet up and running? I understand I'll need two handles, and it seems like the supply lines attach to the sides of the piece at the bottom (detail picture below). What would be attached to the bottom of that piece?

Thanks so much for any insight or pointing me in the right direction!

-Molly

MaSMs5tTi_p7AhLkzbN1eojt9CZr6rRZJpPdnQ6HOYac4j6NumcndXOR33V0pGJRk6duhQNkRFYe2gGDtr8OeTV9ZyY=w1216-h471

fYuWxQWOo6JNQWKRFw-aKXEnu2Pz2rlNsIbrHno4IYA-h2CsgR2kTawI_ILMXvC2_dVZyzcrAD05RoyUeMg9B2aO0No=w1216-h471

You would have hot supplied to a hot handle and the same for a cold. The handles would then have connections to the left and right of the spout body with flex connectors. The bottom is for a sprayer mounted next to the faucet or you could get a compression cap at a hardware store to cap it off. Those faucets are still readily available on the market, so maybe you could find matching handles. With so many missing pieces, I hope you didn't pay much.

faucetkitchenvictorian.jpg

faucetinstall.png

Last edited:
find aplumbing supply house in your area, that caters to repair work. take the faucet to them,

should be two signs outside, counter sales and showroom,,you want counter sales

those guys hanging around the coffee pot are plumbers.

images (5).jpg

I would figure there would be youtube videos for the million do it yourselfers out there. They seems to have videos on pretty much everything.

Back