Safe to use a ceiling mount shower arm and flange for in wall installation?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael24

Reaction score
My fiance had her bathroom remodeled in like 2003 for ADA. They installed the current curved (standard I guess) shower arm one tile too low in the piece together walk in shower wall. So to move it up would mean a whole new upper half of the 3 piece shower walls. We recently purchased the Kohler Converge shower head and sprayer combo and unfortunately there isn't much upward tilt with it using the curved shower arm.

I was looking at replacing the curved one for a straight specifically this as the flange design will match the Moen Eva collection I just had delivered the most out of everything I can find.

The whole purpose of the straight arm is so my daughters and I don't have to duck/squat down to get our head in the water stream which is what happens currently with the orientation of the downward curved shower arm.

Is the only thing different in a wall mount vs ceiling mount the fact there is a set screw to clamp the flange down against the shower arm?

Last edited:
You can use the straight nipple if that is what you want to do.

They should all be 1/2" pipe threads.

You might no get the downward angle you desire though

try is with a plastic pvc nipple first to see if that will get you what you want befor you spend money on the finished one

If the shower wall panel can come out and you raise the fitting to where you want it, you can cover the old hole with a finished cock hole cover.

Is this what you have

untitled.png

Latest posts

Back