Roman faucet install

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennz4real

Reaction score
I have most of this install done. We bought a new faucet for our jacuzzi tub. We had to buy new valve set well. The instructions say to cut the spout tube to a certain measurement but someone told me I shouldn't have to cut this. The instructions say cut spout tube to measurement and then the faucet spout installs onto this. Should I have to cut the spout tube or is this a "no no"?

Post a picture of what you're referring to. But if the instructions say to cut it, I would trust the manufacturer over someone who's not associated with the company

I have most of this install done. We bought a new faucet for our jacuzzi tub. We had to buy new valve set well. The instructions say to cut the spout tube to a certain measurement but someone told me I shouldn't have to cut this. The instructions say cut spout tube to measurement and then the faucet spout installs onto this. Should I have to cut the spout tube or is this a "no no"?

depends on the brand of spout

i have had to cut a couple, it depends on the deck debth
do what the manufactures instructions say

I think I may just call a plumber. Seems more advance than I anticipated.

Back