Replacing sub floor and toilet flange!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So the short of it is I had to cut the flange off to get a section of the floor out of the way. The guy who installed it used PVC and purple plumber. Now I have the elbow piece I need to remove but it too is glued into the collar with purple plumber. I need help getting this piece off so I can apply new.

I don’t really know plumber lingo so please dumb it down for me.

it looks like the flange was glued to a street 90 its hard to tell but I think the 90 is ruined...if that's the case there is coupling after that....you would have to cut the rest of the 90 close to the coupling there is a drill bit called a RAM BIT it will drill out the glued part of the 90 so you can start over...check utube so you can see how its used....
or im sure there will be other people checking in gather ideas and go with the best

Yeah but they don’t sell ram bits as large as the diameter of the collar/coupling. I thought that’s how a rambit worked. It has to be the size of the opening.

you would be drilling out the socket(make in) of the coupling hat size is it 3 or 4 inch....I know they make a 3 ...not sure about 4 whats behind the pvc coupling if that cant be done????????

Not sure by the picture what size the pipe is but they do make a 4" socket saver as I have one. Is that abs pipe that
the pvc coupling is glued too?? Why can't you open the floor a few more boards and cut the pipe and then start over with
a new coupling and elbow.

I agree with Tom. I don't think there is enough room to get a drill and a rambit in there.
If its is abs go back with abs instead of trying to transition glue pvc to abs.

I like the stainless steel adjustable ring flange. the all ABS/PVC flanges break or distort easier

Back