Replacing Kitchen Faucet Pullout Hose

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scuba415

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Delta kitchen faucet with a pull out handle with a leaky hose. The leak is about two inches from the pullout handle side, and is leaking right out of the flexible joints of the hose. I intend to replace the hose. Can someone please give me a few pointers on the procedure, as I have never done this before?

The end that attaches to the pullout handle looks simple enough, but under the sink where the other end attaches to the base of the faucet there is some type of clip that I am not familiar with, it is plastic and rotates freely. Also, should I be trying to clip the new hose from under the sink, or should I remove the faucet base from the counter top to get more access? It seems like it will be pretty tight trying to reach the clip at the faucet base end from under the sink. Are there any parts or special tools I might need other than the new hose? Will I need a basin wrench or does the pullout hose have a quick clip attachment?

TIA

leak.jpg

under sink.jpg

That is a quick release clip. You might be able to release it using your fingers or a set of needle nose pliers. Since they supposedly have a lifetime warranty, I'd give the company a call and demand a replacement.

Back