Replacing a backflow anti-syphon for lawn irrigation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maveric169

Reaction score
So I have an old rainbird atmospheric back flow preventer and I am replacing it after the pipe got damaged this past winter. Thought this was going to be a easy and inexpensive repair, however it has turned out to be a PIA, and defiantly not cheap. Here is the issue i am having. My pipes are PVC 1 1/4, however the replacement backflow preventer is proving to be extremely financially challenging. The most cost effective unit is a 1" Febco 765-QC for around $110 - $130, going up to the 1 1/4" jumps the price to $300 - $500 which is not financially viable atm.

Am I going to have an issue if i use adaptors to make the 1" Febco work on my 1 1/4" supply pipes?

So it depends on the location of the backflow device,and the height of the highest head compared to the height of the back flow device,if your backflow device is 12" above you need a watts 800, if your backflow device is lower you need, a watts 909 or similar brand and style, that's what required in mass

So it depends on the location of the backflow device,and the height of the highest head compared to the height of the back flow device,if your backflow device is 12" above you need a watts 800, if your backflow device is lower you need, a watts 909 or similar brand and style, that's what required in mass
Mine is more than 12" ( more like 48 ) above any of the sprinkler system components.

Attachments

• sprinkler backflow.jpg
    sprinkler backflow.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
Can anyone answer the question? If I use a 1" backflow device with the system piping being 1 1/4" will i have an issue with my current sprinkler system?

Latest posts

Back