Replaced Washing Machine Replacement Drain Hose - Still Noticing A Leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lookingforaquiettoilet

Reaction score
I got this washer machine that's working good but when it gets to the rinse phase it starts leaking a little so I replaced the drain hose with a new one and it's still leaking so I watched it while it did another load

looks like the leaks are coming from the wall like the water is coming back up when it should be getting drained

I think that pipe might be clogged, is there any way for a novice do it yourself to resolve this issue?

I made a short video so you could see what I mean hopefully
View attachment IMG_0392.mp4

So, as the water is coming out of the washing machine "standpipe", that is the problem, not the drain hose which doesn't look very new. The standpipe appears to be 1 1/2" which is not the current standard. standpipes and drain lines from washing machines are now required to be 2". It would be nice to see the piping on the other side/internal of the wall. You drain system should look something like the following.

1694091145178.png

But if this has worked before with the same washing machine, you may have a partially clogged drain line. You could snake it with a hand snake, or try one of these.

1694091555754.png

So, as the water is coming out of the washing machine "standpipe", that is the problem, not the drain hose which doesn't look very new. The standpipe appears to be 1 1/2" which is not the current standard. standpipes and drain lines from washing machines are now required to be 2". It would be nice to see the piping on the other side/internal of the wall. You drain system should look something like the following.

View attachment 42043

But if this has worked before with the same washing machine, you may have a partially clogged drain line. You could snake it with a hand snake, or try one of these.

View attachment 42044
Thank you so much really appreciate the info

Back