Replaced Delta Cartridge, now hot water hisses

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumbducky

Reaction score
Recently, my bathtub faucet was leaking. I replaced the cartridge (after running into this exact issue). Eventually got the rest of the cartridge out, but I can tell there's been some wear from where the old one was stuck. However, turned the water back on and everything was seemingly working fine.

However, I've noticed now that when I turn the faucet on to hot, I can hear a hissing noise from inside the wall. I took the faucet back off and found the cartridge was about an eighth of an inch from all the way in. I pushed it back in but no dice. Not sure what else could be the issue. Google sleuthing suggests maybe calcium buildup or an air gap somewhere.

Another note: the hissing goes away when I pull the bathtub stopper and the water is redirected to the showerhead. However, as soon I turn the showerhead off it begins hissing instantly.

Any ideas?

Recently, my bathtub faucet was leaking. I replaced the cartridge (after running into this exact issue). Eventually got the rest of the cartridge out, but I can tell there's been some wear from where the old one was stuck. However, turned the water back on and everything was seemingly working fine.

However, I've noticed now that when I turn the faucet on to hot, I can hear a hissing noise from inside the wall. I took the faucet back off and found the cartridge was about an eighth of an inch from all the way in. I pushed it back in but no dice. Not sure what else could be the issue. Google sleuthing suggests maybe calcium buildup or an air gap somewhere.

Another note: the hissing goes away when I pull the bathtub stopper and the water is redirected to the showerhead. However, as soon I turn the showerhead off it begins hissing instantly.

Any ideas?
Try replacing the backseat

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably noise from mineral build up innthe valve or piping. Increased flow volume causes the noise. I’d leave it alone if it’s working.

Back