Replace pvc washers

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a kitchen sink with a couple of leaky washers on the pvc piping going from the sink drain itself down to the trap. I need to get the old ones off and put new ones on. I haven't actually unscrewed anything yet, but I'm guessing I'm going to have a tricky time getting the pipe in between out to put the new ones on without forcing something. I can't lift the sink itself up. Thinking perhaps the metal drain on the sink itself unscrews, but when it comes to plumbing I hate to start forcing things. Advice or instructions? I've attached pictures.

IMG00195-20110314-1955.jpg

IMG00196-20110314-1956.jpg

Unthread the gold nut attaching the plastic drain line to the metal sink drain. Then unthread the plastic nut attaching the same plastic drain line to the Ptrap. The plastic drain line should tilt sideways a little and come out.

If this doesn't work, put a bucket under the trap, and unthread the big plastic nut on the left hand side of the Ptrap. This will allow you to remove the whole trap.

Latest posts

Back