replace drain pipe in bathroom under vanity

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galerie

Nancy
Reaction score
I want to replace the drain pipe under the vanity, its the pipe that comes straight out of the wall. My house was built in 1955 so I think it might be cast iron, I only want to replace the drainpipe coming out of the wall. I had a problem with the pipe that my washer tub goes to, I had to call a plumber which charged me 300 to put some sort of plastic gasket in and seal it. Attached is a picture, what would I need to replace this. Also attached is what the plumber did to the pipe that goes from my wash tub

Any help would be appreciated, I am remodeling my small bathroom and would like to make sure all plumbing is good before I put vanity in

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a 1-1/2 solder bushing. It should just unscrew. But there is a good chance that you will have to make two cuts in the bushing an pick it out. Then install a 1-1/2 PVC male into the tee.

John

thank you, how would if they soldered it with lead, other forums have said it might be lead, if that is the case and I do get it all out do I still use what you recommened above?

Latest posts

Back