Reinstalling Disposal

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwh1262

Reaction score
I have replaced my sink and am reinstalling the disposal. I have the upper mounting ring in place in the sink hole and secured properly. I placed the thick rubber gasket you see from through the sink hole onto the top of the disposal. I hold the disposal against the mounting assembly so that the mounting ears fit near the openings in the assembly, but for some reason the rubber gasket will not compress enough to allow lower disposal mounting ring to align high enough to the upper ring. It is approximately an 1/8" too low. I actually used a jack to try to compress it up, but this only pushes the cabinet base down and does not compress the gasket at all. I am going CRAZY, since this seems SO simple.

Got it on. Had lower flange on below second rim on disposal. Moved it above that and went on flawlessly. Can you say BEGINNER ?

I am embarrassed to admit how many of these type disposals I fought and fought with before I figured out what you just figured out. But I will say that no one was calling me a beginner at that point in my career.

2nd that fish, how about holding the flange with you fingers, and slipping the ring with your thumbs...

Back