Refrigerator Water Line Issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pooner88

Reaction score
Hey Guys--

I just moved into a new house found that the ice maker/water dispenser on the Fridge were not working. I pulled the fridge back and noticed an Ice maker outlet box was installed, so I disconnected the line to the fridge so see if there was water supplied to the outlet, and there is not. The valve has an open and close lever, but there just doesnt seem be water getting to it. I am not sure if this box was installed when the house was built, or if it ever even was working, but I am going to fix it.

My question is, as you can see by the picture, I would have to removed the outlet box and take a look at how the outlet is connected to the main water supply, or if it is connected at all. Is there an easy/recommended way to remove this as it appears to be nailed to studs and mounted pretty sturdy. Am I going to have to cut out a good amount of drywall in order to get this existing box out to take a look? Any pointers?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_9981.jpg

If you have a basement go down and look for a tie in down there. I cant imagine roughing it in and not tying into the cold water, but you never know

We do not have a basement. Any other ideas?

Back