Rain Shower bar adapter for Slide Bar

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FabRDO

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a bathtub with a slide bar hand shower unit, walls fully tiled with beautiful stone tile. I wanted to replace the hand shower with a rain shower head without having to brake through wall and remodelling the bathroom. Is there an adapter for the slide bar to install a rain shower head?

Thanks in advance!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a bathtub with a slide bar hand shower unit, walls fully tiled with beautiful stone tile. I wanted to replace the hand shower with a rain shower head without having to brake through wall and remodelling the bathroom. Is there an adapter for the slide bar to install a rain shower head?

Thanks in advance!

Do you have a picture of what you're describing? I think I can visualize it, but am not certain.

I would like to see how the showerhead currently comes out of the slide-bar and if there is room to screw on a different shower arm.

I'm guessing that the slide bar shower arm should have some means of detaching/attaching the existing showerhead (usually 1/2" IPS I *think*, but I could be wrong).

You may need to get a diverter of sorts to be able to have the handheld and the rain shower.

Sorry if I'm not being much help. I just am not certain what you are dealing with.

Hi Zane and Frodo,
Thanks for the feedback. I have edited the original post with picture.

Look forward to options.

I don't know the manufacture and I found no marks. this was already installed when I moved in.

:(

The only thing I know to do is as was suggested using exposed plumbing. I doubt that you have access to behind the water wall or ceiling to plumb in a rain shower w/o breaking into the tile.

Trafalgar-Traditional-Luxury-Rigid-Riser-Kit-with-Diverter-inc-Dual-Exposed-Shower-Valve-p.jpg

How do you regulate water temp on your current setup?

Read This- http://www.faucetlist.com/blog/Shower-Systems.html

I realize this thread is old... but I had this same question/issue. Ended up figuring out this solution -- see pic. In case it helps anyone else who happens upon this forum.

I found a new Moen 24" slide bar that happened to be very narrow diameter. Using the bar, I mounted it on the slide bar holder on my existing slide bar, and was able to place a new large (6") rainfall handheld shower head on it. Works like a charm! It isn't horrible looking either. The pic doesn't really do it much justice, but the actual shower head is not on an angle -- it's parallel to the ceiling so it acts exactly like a rainfall shower head would. Plus, i actually like the fact that I still have the flexibility of a handheld to facilitate cleaning the shower/tub.

Attachments

• IMG_7308.JPG
    IMG_7308.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I will add that KES and PULSE make rainshowers with a slidebars.
1662934369316.png
My friend got one like this and got an adapter that lets him adjust the height of the rainshower. I'll have to dig up a picture...
showerMarch2021-2.jpg

I installed the slide bar shower head at my other house. Although I tightened it as hard as I could, it would begin to slide down the pole in mid shower. It must have looked like I was trying to do the limbo while taking a shower. I hope they have perfected the stop knob!

The knob on my friend's slidebar showerhead works well. It keeps it in place and you turn it to make it go up and down. I wonder if the one you dealt with was defective.

Back