question for mold in pvc supply to house

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, I did read it but I don't see where it talks about avc and bladder tanks. So I guess you don't need it in a bladder tank because you're not losing air over time? And if I'm wrong and do need an avc even with a bladder tank, being I have a submersible pump where would the hose connect to?

Don't mean to sound rude, but maybe you are overthinking. No acv. Your air pressure should be 2 psi less than your cut on pressure. I.E. 30/50 switch 28 psi. Size of tank depends on pump capacity and usage. Usually something like a 50gal equivelant will work. Either do it or don't and deal with the mold issue.

With a bladder or diaphragm style tank you don't need the bleeder, above ground check valve, Schrader valve, or AVC. These are the moving parts that usually give problems and are not needed with a diaphragm tank.

If you have a bleeder down the well, hopefully it will stop bleeding when you remove the above ground check valve. As long as there is pressure on the bleeder it won't open, and therefore won't need to be removed. But if after removing the above ground check the pressure bleeds off when no one is using water, the bleeder is not staying shut and will need to be removed and plugged.

Here is an animated video that I hope help answer some of your questions.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPIUufWjbic&list=PLpIZn7LpzYEABUoA0UZPhQkMvT9vUN75H[/ame]

Thank you, I did read it but I don't see where it talks about avc and bladder tanks.

So I guess you don't need it in a bladder tank because you're not losing air over time? And if I'm wrong and do need an avc even with a bladder tank, being I have a submersible pump where would the hose connect to?

That is because I misread your post... sorry... :eek:

IMO, you need both the bladder tank and CSV. Shown below is one of their complete kits. But listen to his advice on the valve in the actual well.

OH! Get instructions on sanitizing the house distribution system after install.

PSIDE-KICK Kit _5.JPG

Latest posts

Back