Push-push tub stopper

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Fritz

Reaction score
I have a tub with a push-push stopper (also called tip toe, I think?). It's been in there for 6 years but it's in the guest bath so I nearly never use the tub. Now my daughter is staying with me for a while and she wants a soak -- but the stopper won't stop. It doesn't latch in the down position. Push it down and it pops back up. That puts a kink in the soaking plans.

Figuring it might be trouble-prone, I bought a spare stopper when we installed the tub. Well both the old one and the new-in-box one act the same. I took off the top and removed the mechanism (cartridge?), but I can't see how it's supposed to latch in the closed position. There are no identifying marks except the "foot" on the top.

Do I need to just buy a generic rubber stopper, or is there a way to fix this?

1706887040363.png

Last edited:
I just realized I joined the forum 5 years ago to ask about this same %#@#@! POS:
https://www.plumbingforums.com/threads/replacing-drain-stopper-in-acrylic-tub.14778/#post-112478
Back then I got the mfg to send me a replacement stopper. I just unscrewed the cartridge, screwed in the replacement, screwed on the "cap," shazam. But now, 5 years later after almost zero use, it's somehow failed again. And the spare failed too. Quality stuff.

Are these things standard enough that I could get a "universal" and replace this one, something like Universal Tip Toe Bath Drain Stopper and Cover Bathtub Drain Stopper Replaces | eBay ? That's assuming I can remove the old one ...

Latest posts

Back