ProPex and "regular PEX"

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms1780

Reaction score
I am working on a camper hot water heater supply and return and it is basic 1/2 pex. There are two T's, one in the cold and one in the hot. The reason for the T's are to open a valve in the middle and basically bypass the hot water heater. Anyway, I need to remove everything past the cold water T to the tank and from the tank back to the hot water T. The problem is that I don't have access to a PEX crimper. I do have access to a ProPEX expander though. My question is how am I going to go from rugular PEX on two sides of the existing T to ProPEX on the other side? Is this even possible or should I just go and buy a crimper for 50 bucks and be done with it?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I myself would either borrow or purchase a crimper. If you feel it is no longer necessary to keep after the purchase, you could donate it my way! :)

I think your're right. Lowe's sells a pocket crimper for 25 bucks. Most of the reviews say they suck for professional use, but would be fine for home use.

you can usually rent a crimper from a plumbing wholesaler for cheap as chips also.

Back